Strawberry Cheesecake Cups
1 lb large strawberries
8 oz. cream cheese, softened (can use 1/3 less fat)
3-4 tbsp powdered sugar (4 tbsp for a sweeter filling)
1 tsp vanilla extract
graham cracker crumbs
1. Rinse strawberries and cut around the top of the strawberry. Remove the top and clean out with a paring knife. Kids can use a plastic knife. Remove some of the rounded bottom to create a flat standing surface. Prep all strawberries and set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until creamy. Add cream cheese mix to a piping bag or ziploc with the corner snipped off. Fill strawberries with cheesecake mixture. Once strawberries are filled, dip the top in graham cracker crumbs. If not serving immediately, refrigerate until serving.
- These can be made hours ahead, even with the graham cracker topping. Store in the refrigerator.
- I can imagine other toppings such as Oreo or ginger snap crumbs working very well.
- The original idea for this recipe comes from nutmegnanny.com