Mountain Bike Salmon
So-named because a family friend won a cooking contest with this scrumptious recipe.
1 pound salmon fillet
1-inch piece of ginger, peeled and minced
Salt and pepper
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup soy sauce
Lemon wedges for serving
- Line a baking dish with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Place the salmon, skin side down, onto the foil and gently rub the minced ginger all over. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar all over the fillet, pressing it onto the surface. Add a little more brown sugar if it’s a large fillet.
- Drizzle the soy sauce all over the salmon.
- Cover and refrigerate about 20 minutes.
- Preheat broiler to medium0-high heat.
- Broil salmon about 6-10 minutes, until cooked through and the brown sugar is caramelizing. Check for doneness every few minutes.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
You can also grill the salmon on a wood plank. Serve with vegetables and rice.